Sunday, February 17, 2013

Baby is coming!

Two nights ago, N thought her waters broke and went to see her doctor the following day. Her doctors said it wasn't her waters and advised her to go home, walk some more because she's still just 1 cm dilated. Prior to the appointment with the doctor, my mother was kind of worried that N's belly hasn't dropped yet. I said to my mother that N will probably give birth on the 18th (tomorrow), the same day as me and my brother's dearly beloved Grandpa's death anniversary. 

When my mother and I got back from church around 30 minutes ago, N's sister told us that their Aunt has already rushed N to the clinic when her waters broke this afternoon while we were away. I knew my mother would get panicky and even went all out panicky when she was told that N was going to be rushed to the hospital in Marikina (which is like, an hour and a half drive) because N was still only 1cm dilated after her waters broke. I just wish I am with N, my brother, my mother, and N's mom right now because I just feel like reassuring my mother that even if N's water has broken, there's still a 24-hour time frame for her to deliver safely. 

Apparently, if between the 24-hour time frame and N has not progressed from 1 cm, that's when she could be induced or given a C-section--which I think most of the family dreads because the plan was a normal delivery. I thought my brother was going to be calm about this but no, when the phone rang and I answered it, there was an all out panic alert on his voice. I wanted to see if N is feeling panicky too, I really hope she's not, and I want to tell my brother to stop panicking because N needs all the support right now. And it's totally not helping if everyone around her are nervous, it's nerve-wracking to be the expectant mom whose plans changed at the last minute before giving birth, having an equally nervous person around you will make it just worse.

I just wish my family are all zen-like calm right now. Don't get me wrong, I am a bit nervous too and have been praying for N's safe delivery of the baby, but will it help N and the baby if I were like, a total nervous wreck? Definitely not. I just need all the prayers for both N and the baby's safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment