Tuesday, February 5, 2013

It's a Girl!

I probably should have made this blog 9 months ago when we found out that my brother's girlfriend N was pregnant.I never thought that I'd be this excited because I have had a lot of nephews and nieces from my cousins and thought that another crying baby is just that, another crying baby. However, the more I see that N's tummy was getting bigger and bigger as months pass by, I just couldn't help but feel excited, as if I was the one who will have my own child.

I started to search for baby stuff, reading parenting forums, and looking for places that offer great deals. I even downloaded templates for a possible baby shower and baptismal celebration! I guess I'm just a really excited Tita (Aunt). From reading articles online, I found out that abdominal ultrasound is done by 6 months of pregnancy and let's just say that by the time N was on her 6th month, I was bugging them for the next prenatal check up because the ultrasound appointment was just around the corner.

True enough, on December 16, 2012, N had her abdominal ultrasound and yes, my mother was correct: it's a baby girl! Most of the family thought that I'd be all bitter since I'm the first born and the only grand daughter on my father's side of the family (hence my childhood nickname: (Princess), and that I'd feel like I'm going to be looked over from now on, but sorry to disappoint you, family. I think I'm matured enough to think that such silly thoughts are just that: silly. Besides, it would be so exciting and cool to like, shop for small baby dresses and dress up my soon-to-be-niece.

Obstetric sonogram at 25 weeks

I think the one who is excited the most (apart from the soon-to-be-parents), is my father. Why wouldn't he be, the baby is going to be his first apo (grandchild). He is actually excited to finish his contract and go home now (he is working overseas) and he said that he's going to be the one who will take care of the baby since the parents-to-be both have jobs and it's much better that way than getting a nanny. 

It's N's 9th month of pregnancy now, and her OB said that she can deliver any day within this month. I guess it's safe to say that the whole family is so excited to welcome the newest addition to the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment